[Project_owners] this.view has no properties

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 16:50:12 EST 2006

Pawel Chmielowski wrote:

> Eric H. Jung napisał(a):
>
>> I have a couple <tree/> elements in my extension which I sometimes
>> need to hide. When I write this code:
>>
>> <vbox style="display: none;">
>>   <tree .../>
>>   <tree .../>
>> </vbox>
>>
>> the following error appears in the JS Console:
>>
>> Error: this.view has no properties
>> Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml
>> Line: 0
>
> Try visibility: collapse

Or collapsed="true" if you prefer to use attributes or .collapsed = true
if you prefer to use properties (these work in the same way as hidden
does for display:none).

The issue here is that there is no tree body frame, which is the object
responsible for managing the view. In this case the reason that no frame
exists is because the tree is hidden. In the case of the bug that you
mentioned the reason is that there is no <treechildren/> element.