[Project_owners] Re: calling window.sidebar.addPanel() from chrome

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Thu Feb 23 09:09:35 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:49:50 +0000, Neil wrote:

> I think I should have read your project page first, that would have
> saved me some questions. You don't actually use addBookmarks2, which is
> what confused me. Or if I'm still confused, and you do use it, then my
> question still stands i.e. do you use any features of addBookmarks2 not
> provided by addPanel?

I'm porting Firefox functionality to Seamonkey in order to maintain feature
parity. The Firefox contentAreaClick uses openDialog(..addBookmarks2.xul..).
Unfortunately, Seamonkey doesn't have this file, and since you said that the
bookmarks backend is totally different, it's unlikely that this code would
work simply copied to Seamonkey. Anyway the simplest line of attack (I
thought) was to substitute this line with a call to addPanel.

> Only SeaMonkey code, I have no idea about Firefox code (except those few
> portions that still resemble the original SeaMonkey copies).

Your appearance of total omniscience is utterly convincing. :-)

Phil
[ ]Yabbaddabbadoooooo!!! Hit Any Rock To Continue...
* TagZilla 0.059