[Project_owners] Re: calling window.sidebar.addPanel() from chrome

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Wed Feb 22 10:41:08 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:33:37 +0000, Neil wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:
>>On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:20:16 +0000, Neil wrote:

>>>Out of interest, does Firefox suffer from the same closed/open bug?
>>No because Firefox uses openDialog("AddBookmarks2.xul") to add a
>>web panel to the bookmarks (open bookmark in sidebar).

> window.sidebar.addPanel doesn't work (at least in windows without a
> browser id="sidebar")?

Um, No, I mean Firefox does not have this problem in contentAreaClick
because it uses addBookmarks2.xul. Calling window.sidebar.addPanel works
fine from content in both Firefox and Seamonkey. In Firefox, addPanel is
just a wrapper for addBookmarks2 anyway.

>>Seamonkey doesn't seem to have a UI to do this, although since the
>>bookmarks backend is the same, I presume that the functionality is there.

> Actually the bookmarks backend is completely different.

Um, does this mean that it's not possible to do a "open bookmark in sidebar"
feature in Seamonkey? Or support livemarks?

Phil
[ ]Shell to DOS...come in, DOS...do you read...over?
* TagZilla 0.059