[Project_owners] Re: Does anyone want a Windows Live Messenger invitation?

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 11:54:15 EST 2006

One thing that might be worth mentioning that is applicable to extension development is that
Microsoft Gadgets, which are used to customize your Live home page, are similar to OS/X Dashboard
widgets, Yahoo! Widgets, AOL's widget platform (forget the name), etc. Most of these technologies
use JS for logic, CSS for styling, and HTML or a XUL-like language for presentation.

It's not a bad idea to begin thinking of your extension as a widget/gadget, and how you might port
it to other platforms such as these. I have already done so for PasswordMaker.

-Eric