[Project_owners] moving CVS

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Thu Feb 16 19:32:40 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:59:44 +0900, Gerald Vogt wrote:

> I doubt that you will get this out of mozdev and I doubt even more that
> you will get this into SF. It would mean that they unpack your tar
> directly into their cvsroot directory. AFAIK you have to do that
> manually. There is no way through CVS to directly put an RCS file into
> the cvsroot. I doubt SF will do that or have you asked them??

You can do interesting stuff with the CVS command line tools. For instance
you could, based on the cvs logs, iteratively extract each incremental
version  from mozdev and then check it in to sourceforge. I think that there
should be some python or tk/tcl scripts floating around for this.

Phil
[ ]If you need a calculator, its too complex.
* TagZilla 0.059