[Project_owners] How to distinguish opened windows in browser overlay code?

yaa at euronet yaa at euronet.nl
Wed Feb 15 14:53:28 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a sidebar which I let set a preference to reflect it's state, that
preference is globally shared between all open browser windows with the means
of an observer, this way each opened window will disturb each other as not
all opened windows will have an open sidebar, so one will set it open and
another close.
So it's really unreliable to check it when more browser windows are open.
But as far as I know it's the only way for me to be able to check it's state
from the overlay.

How could one make something similar but more reliable for multiple instances?
I want the overlay in a certain browser instance only to know the state of
it's own sidebar, not the ones opened or closed in other browser instances.

Is there a way?

Thanks,
Bas Burger.
--