[Project_owners] Programmatically open the context menu

Todd Long longfocus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:45:24 EST 2006

Hey Matt, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have checked that out and understand
that I am getting the unfiltered list (all items are being shown). Though
somehow there should be a way to create a right-click MouseEvent and
dispatch it to the document. After dispatching this right-click MouseEvent
it should then display the appropriate context menu (depending if text is
selected, not selected, or if your on a link, etc..). Something gets
executed when I right-click with my mouse and almost need a way to record
that.

var evt = document.createEvent("MouseEvent");
evt.initMouseEvent("click", 1, 1, window, 1, 10, 50, 10, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2,
null);

Above I have created the MouseEvent but not sure how it should be dispatched
to the tabbrowser so that it will display the appropriate context menu
(filtered for what my selection is).

Thanks,
Todd