[Project_owners] Programmatically open the context menu

Todd Long longfocus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:49:38 EST 2006

Hey, Soyapi. Thanks for the link but it isn't exactly what I was looking for
(some nice obfuscated code though). What I'm trying to do is get the Firefox
context menu to popup and not a custom popup menu.

var evt = document.createEvent("MouseEvent");
evt.initMouseEvent("click", 1, 1, window, 1, 10, 50, 10, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2,
null);

document.popupNode=evt.target;

var cacm = document.getElementById("contentAreaContextMenu")
cacm.showPopup(getBrowser(), evt.clientX, evt.clientY, "context",
"bottomleft", "topleft");

Here is some code I have. But when this gets executed it pops up a loooong
context menu with about every option available. I need to replace what ever
click this was executed to the right-click (button 2). Any other thoughts on
this? Thanks for all the help!

Thanks,
Todd