[Project_owners] Calling a function in a DLL

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 13:46:39 EST 2006

--- Pete Collins <pete at mozdevgroup.com> wrote:

> Eric H. Jung wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've written a DLL in Visual C++ and would like to call a function
> in
> >this DLL from an extension. Can anyone point me to documentation
> about
> >how to do this and/or other extensions which already do this?
> >

> To talk to a dll, you would need to write a c++ XPCOM wrapper which
> does
> the talking and make the XPCOM API's scriptable so you can talk to
> those
> from js.

Thanks. I had a look at FoxyTunes (as suggested by Konstantin) and that
is what it does. FoxyTunes  does not appear to be open source, though,
so I can't look at the DLL code (the DLL contains the XPCOM wrapper I
think). Do you happen to know of any tutorials on how to do this? I am
proficient in C++ so it doesn't have to be simple, but if I have to
compile nightlies just for linking then I'm probably not too
interested.

Thank you,
Eric