[Project_owners] Disable "Uninstall & Disable" features!

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Mon Feb 6 21:14:37 EST 2006

first last wrote:
> Hello People,
>     I can't do it anymore, I need help!
> How could I make my extension to disable the Uninstall & Disable
> features, using a button or checkbox?
> At first I have tried the permanent method, using the
> <em:locked>true</em:locked> in the "install.RDF" file BUT it did not work!
>
> I really need some support for this! Thank you very much!
> Corvineum

Tom,

Why would you do that?
What is the purpose of this approach?
Like others already mentioned, people should have the freedom of
disabling/un-installing extensions.

Also, do you think that mozilla.org accept this 'feature' of your extension?

I would like to call it malware simply because you can't
disable/uninstall it, sorry pal.

/HJ