[Project_owners] Static memory posibilities revisited...

yaa at euronet yaa at euronet.nl
Tue Feb 7 04:20:18 EST 2006

Hi Eric,

There is no specific need for me from functional point of view to treat all
elements contained in the document,

unless I really need to,

for me storing and returning a snapshot would be sufficient as the ajax
routines from the server will fill in live the missing parts when people
click on stuff.

Bas.

Op dinsdag 7 februari 2006 03:58, schreef Eric H. Jung:
> It's my understand that XBEL only stores bookmark data and bookmark
> metadata, not full HTML/JS/CSS/image data.
>
> To do the latter, store each file specified in a URI
> (HTML/JS/CSS/images) in the profile and build an RDF which describes
> the URI. Realize you'll need to modify the HTML so it uses the <base/>
> tag to redirect relative URLs to your local cache. You'll also need to
> convert absolute URLs to relatives so the page doesn't hit remote
> servers. It sounds like an awful problem.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --- yaa at euronet <yaa at euronet.nl> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I guess caching the browser has no use, it does not work for my
> > situation, I
> > just tried implementing.
> >
> > The browser window contains a user chrome xul from my .jar
> > Inside there I use an Iframe object to load a "normal" webpage served
> > by the
> > sitebar server.
> > When this iframe is persisted in the declaritive XUL it forces a
> > reload to the
> > last used src attribute. Also I can actively set that attribute to
> > force a
> > reload from the .js
> > However I cannot find any caching mechanism onto the Iframe.
> >
> > Must I use XBEL to adapt the iframe so that it caches somewhere? (the
> > RDF
> > solution handed to me in the other thread maybe).
> >
> > I ask this while I am searching for a solution myself, a collective
> > knows more
> > than 1 person.
> >
> > Bas.
> > --