[Project_owners] Debugging under XULRunner

Mook mook.moz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:11:39 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, David Murray <lid2000 at tpg.com.au> wrote:
<snip>

> Does anyone know if there's a way to run the JavaScript console/Venkman
> or anything under XULRunner, on order to debug specific apps? I was
> under the impression that each XUL app had its own space though, which'd
> make it hard to implement something like that. It looks like the best
> way to go at the moment is to write/debug it under Firefox/SM, then
> stick it in XULRunner when it seems all good.

I just build my own XR, then write up some dummy wrappers to hook
inspector and venkman in as profile extensions.  (Of course, this
needs the inspector and venkman modules actually living, and that's
partly why I build my own.)  Inspector and venkman are easier to get
to work because they mainly live in their own windows.

Mostly involves copying some overlays and making sure they hook into
your app too.

At the very least, inspector on CZ on XULRunner works :)  And I think
I had venkman working in an app at some point.

--
Mook
mook.moz at gmail