[Project_owners] XUL preferences elements

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Sat Feb 4 21:47:43 EST 2006

OK, getting confused...

The code below is giving me an OK button, sans decoration (window
chrome) or the checkbox I'm expecting. Granted it's Saturday and I've
had a beer, but this is getting circular as I'm finding myself, well,
running in circles :)

I've tried different DOCTYPES (dialog, overlay and prefWindow), or no
DOCTYPE, reduced the code to minimum I can think of. Thoughts?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>
<!DOCTYPE prefWindow SYSTEM "chrome://quickfile/locale/options.dtd">
<prefWindow title="Quick File Options"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

     <prefpane label="General" selected="true">
     	<preferences>
     		<preference name="quickfile.debug.enable" type="bool" />
     	</preferences>

     	<groupbox>
     		<caption label="some label" />

     		<checkbox label="debug.enable"
			preference="quickfile.debug.enable" />
     	</groupbox>
     </prefpane>

	<hbox>
		<spacer flex="1"/>
		<button label="OK" oncommand="window.close();"/>
	</hbox>
</prefWindow>