[Project_owners] persist for <tabpanels> problem

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Sat Feb 4 07:54:14 EST 2006

Eric H. Jung wrote:
> I ran into this problem and had to code it manually; i.e., read/write a
> preference and code which selects the appropriate tab.

I use persist (localstore.rdf) like this:

   <tabbox flex="1">
     <tabs id="SettingsTabs" persist="lastActiveTab"
           oncommand="this.setAttribute('lastActiveTab',
this.selectedIndex);">

     function restorePreviouslySelectedTab()
     {
       var tabs = document.getElementById("SettingsTabs");
       var lastActiveTab = tabs.getAttribute("lastActiveTab");

       if (tabs.selectedIndex != lastActiveTab)
         tabs.selectedIndex = lastActiveTab;
     }

FYI: restorePreviouslySelectedTab() is called on startup.

/HJ