[Project_owners] new protocol

Alex Vincent ajvincent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:50:19 EST 2006

I've done it before.  I wrote a virtual:// protocol handler in
JavaScript, to pull in files from a "virtual file service" (basically,
a JavaScript object map with file contents & content-types).  I found
out it didn't work, due to a known bug with JavaScript-based protocol
handlers.

So it can be done, but you'd be better off doing it in C++.