[Project_owners] disabling tree rows

Adam Judson adamsplugins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:46:10 EST 2006

What is the benfit of disabling tree selection?

How will this effect keyboard navigation?

It sounds like you present some options/actions for the selected item
in a tree, why
not just disable these actions.

e.g. you can select this item, but then all of the buttons/menus
become disabled.

Then you could add an arbitrary attribute to the item and test for
that (and perhaps add a different decorator/css style).

Maybe take a step back and describe the GUI behaviour you want
(provide functionality X for some subset of a tree of objects) rather
than your proposed solution (disable some of the elements in the
tree).

Adam