[Project_owners] how can work with FTP

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 12:29:59 PST 2006

If you *must* use FTP, I believe the only way is to do like the FireFTP extension does--implement the FTP protocol yourself over the XPCOM socket interfaces. Needless to say, that's a large task. Is there any way you can host the file(s) on a web server? If so, you can retrieve them really easily with XmlHttpRequest() (even if the file isn't xml) or inputstreams.