[Project_owners] Custom view trees with checkboxes - how?

David Murray lid2000 at wildit.net.au
Mon Dec 18 23:04:26 PST 2006

I'm trying to implement a custom tree view in Fx2 that has checkboxes on
the first column. I've been following the very sparse instructions on
MDC, and searched other extensions for an example of this working, but
I'm getting nowhere. The column always appears empty, no matter what I
do. The tree looks like this:

<tree id="groupsftree" flex="1" seltype="single" hidecolumnpicker="true"
observes="maindisabler" editable="true">
<treecols>
<treecol id="friendcheck" style="width: 20px;" type="checkbox"
editable="true" hideheader="true" />
<treecol id="groupsflist" flex="1" hideheader="true"/>
</treecols>
<treechildren/>
</tree>

I've got this in CSS:

treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(checked) {
   /* checked checkbox treecells*/
   list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/checkbox/cbox-check.gif");
}

 From this point on, I have tried absolutely everything I can think of
to get checkboxes to even display, and nothing seems to work. I would
think making getCellValue return true no matter what would cause
everything to be checked by default, but I just get a blank column still.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? I could just use a listbox with
checkbox listitems, and it'd work easily, but this tree has the
potential to get several thousand rows long.

David.