[Project_owners] Mozilla Suite Preference Tree

Michael Buckley michael.buckley at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:41:22 EDT 2006

Neil wrote:
>As part of the trunk move to work as a XULrunner app, we are considering
>rewriting the preference tree to use the toolkit preference system,
>although still selecting the panels using a tree. Now most EM-managed
>extensions use a simple options dialog, but what I would like to know is if
>any extension authors would think it useful to be able to reuse any of the
>additional tree hookup code that we would need to write.

I would like to port my yet to be released text editor extension to Sea
Monkey some were around the 1.5 release.  I am using a options dialog
that looks very much like the FireFox one so if ported to Sea Monkey I
would try to use the tree system (which I like more than the way it is
done in FireFox, though FireFox's system is probably easier for non
advanced users to use). I would diffidently consider taking the code to
use in the XULrunner version of my text editor.

Michael

Nothing but cars & over 100,000 of them at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F836752&_t=12345&_r=emailtagline_tig_over100k&_m=EXT