[Project_owners] Turn node to text

Michael Buckley michael.buckley at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:55:20 EDT 2006

Axel Hecht wrote:
>Michael Buckley wrote:
>>I use this to turn an textString into an xul node that I can inset in
>>the user interface.
>>
>>    var parser=new DOMParser();
>>    var resultDoc=parser.parseFromString(textString,"text/xml");
>>
>>But how do I go the other way, and turn a node back into text?  DOMi
>>seams to do this when you select "copy XUL"  But I have failed to find
>>the function be hind that viewer.cmdCopySelectedXML()
>>
>>Does any one know to do this?
>>

>As a warning, there are many odd ends with using the XML parser for XUL.
>The only workaround I know of is to use an good old iframe.
>
>There is a discussion like this on mozilla.dev.xml or so about grid not
>working, IIRC.
>
>Axel

Thanks for the solution Eric.

I am sure if you tried something wired where you phase something
complicated you could end up in hot water.  But I am only trying to
store the bookmark menu and the drop down history on the open button in
my text editor and it seams to be working fine.

God Bless
Michael