[Project_owners] Re: SmartSync Project and Mozdev Terms of Use

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 17:57:55 EDT 2006

--- Matt Seitz <mseitz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Isn't the whole idea of "open source" to allow "novel ideas" to be
> "borrowed", so long as the borrower acknowledges the source and
> returns the favor?

I don't know. I'm no open source expert, but I do know the words "open
source" mean, plain and simply, "source that is 'open' -- i.e.,
available to the public". The words "open source" doesn't literally
apply any concept of borrowing or reuse, but perhaps the words have
grown additional (implied) meanings over time, just like so many other
words/phrases in the English language.