[Project_owners] l10n cvs tags?

Axel Hecht axel at pike.org
Thu Apr 27 12:45:24 EDT 2006

massey wrote:
> I have been trying to get the current es-AR from moz.org cvs. Doing
> /l10n co l10n/es-AR is the only way I have found but this does not
> result in the same set of files that I can view in cvs
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla1.8.0/source/es-AR/
>
> There are missing files in what gets pulled down. Does anyone here know
> how to pull the current (for ff1.5.x) loacale stuff?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

What the fregg do you ask this stuff on mozdev's project owners? Like,
really. There is mozilla.dev.l10n on news.mozilla.org, mirrored on
google groups.

I'm really amazed at times what folks expect to happen with questions
and comments on project owners. We have dedicated, and as of now, active
communication forums on news.mozilla.org on various topics in particular
and groups for more general consumption. If you want to get your opinion
heard, comment there. project owners is really /dev/null for anything
but mozdev related feedback, and /dev/random for coding help requests.

Please, consider taking those to groups like mozilla.dev.extensions or
mozilla.dev.general.

I rant because I happen to be the only one I know who actually does pick
some of this feedback up and reports it at staff meeting (or monday
meetings now) every now and then. Which is totally bogus.

The question here should have gone to either mozilla.dev.l10n or
mozilla.dev.builds. Generally, pulling is only supported by the route of
client.mk. In this particular case, you could go with

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/l10n co l10n/es-AR
-r MOZILLA_1_8_0_BRANCH

As the es-AR 1.8.0 tinderbox
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla1.8.0-l10n-es-AR
is green, that get's the complete and necessary files.
My suspicion is that you used the wrong repository.

Axel