[Project_owners] How to create RDF datasource and import bookmarks.html ?

Axel Hecht axel at pike.org
Sat Apr 22 00:37:54 EDT 2006

stiffux stiffux wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I would like to know if someone have an example to create an RDF
> resource and import bookmarks.html file ?
>

> I read different documentations and howto on RDF manipulation but none
> work when i try to import bookmark with
> "http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#command?cmd=import".
>
> I didn't find a solution even with firefox source code !! I didn't
> succeed to create RDF datasource where I can import bookmark file.
>
> It seems more complex that I believe.
>
> Thank for those who can help me.

On top of that, RDF is going to be dropped from places (ex-bookmarks).

Note, RDF commands are the most unspecified and whatever crap we have in
the whole mozilla codebase. At least I don't recall anything worse, and
I have quite a bit.

For now, if you have to, try your luck with asserting into the bookmarks
datasource, but none of that is documented, or guaranteed to stay.
Rather, any of that is pretty guaranteed to not stay.

Axel