[Project_owners] Re:   in a RDF datasource file?

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Fri Apr 21 09:09:44 EDT 2006

Axel Hecht wrote:
> Read the XML and HTML specs then. nbsp is part of html not xml, and it's
> not part of RDF either.
>
> Use the numeric entity for nbsp instead.

Yes, I know that. But I have a simple string literal and want to write
it into a datasource. Firefox encodes it so that is does not clash with
XML or RDF. That is the purpose of encoding it and writing " "
into the RDF file. In this representation there is no " " in the
file and thus it does not matter whether or not it is part of XML or
RDF. When Firefox reads the datasource again it must run the decoder on
this twice thus parsing the actual entity " " which is obviously
should not do. But then, it works correctly for ">" which writes
">" to the RDF file and after reading it again has ">" in the
string.

Writing a numeric entity would be just avoiding the problem. Until now,
noone could explain to me why this is not a bug.

Gerald