[Project_owners] Event.button in Firefox 1.5.0.2

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Mon Apr 17 11:21:53 EDT 2006

Is it me or the value of the event.button keeps changing all the time
with every new release. In my extension I have some code that tests the
value of the left button with
if (event.button == 0) ...
and that was fine up to Mozilla 1.7 . With the preview of FF 1.5 and
the official release of 1.5 and 1.5.0.1 the value have change to
if (event.button == 65535) ...
and it was ok too with beta of FF 2.0
Now with the FF 1.5.0.2 I was to switch back to
if (event.button == 0) ...

Does any body else have the same problem, or can I use an attribute of
some Interface like EVENT.LEFT_BUTTON to have always the correct value
?

Didier