[Project_owners] Online/Offline

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Fri Apr 14 20:23:00 EDT 2006

Adam Judson wrote:
> Why do you want to test for this?
>
> Do you really want to know if they can see site X?  I can have a live
> connection but if my proxy fails etc. I effectively don't...
>
> I wonder if you are trying to solve the right problem.

I'm sending data to the server via XMLHttpRequest. If the user is
offline, the data needs to be queued for when they do go online.

I could check the request failure for certain characteristics, but it
makes more sense to me to check the online status *before* sending the
data. In that case I can just bypass the send and store it.

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community