[Project_owners] Re: component in SeaMonkey no longer working

HJ bugs4hj at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 15:40:09 EDT 2006

HJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my many components no longer works.  I haven't changed a bit and
> the save file still works with SeaMonkey 03-12-2006 and I already asked
> for help in the xpcom newsgroup but there's no reaction yet, so anyone
> else here having troubles with getting his/her components to work properly?
>
> I removed /components/compreg.dat to recreate it, and the lines appear
> in it so it seems to have been registered properly, but nothing in it
> works.
>
> A major problem for me personally is that I have to leave again for at
> least five months, so I really need to fixed or my 14 year old son
> (Michael Vincent) will have to deal with it so please help!

Recreating compreg.dat add the following lines:

rel:mzContentNotifier.js,1144888006991
{bc1f905a-07ac-434d-97cf-6b2a986bd00e},,text/javascript,,rel:mzContentNotifier.js
content-policy, at multizilla.mozdev.org/contentNotifier;1,

so the dump("\nshouldLoad()"); in shouldLoad should work, but no.  I
think I am overlooking something, do you know what that is?

Thanks,
/HJ