[Project_owners] getElementsByTagName() problem

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 08:22:19 EDT 2006

Thank you all for the help!

>also having looked at the document, it appears to be for an internet
>bank, I hope your intentions are good!

This is for the PasswordMaker extension, which has evolved into a Roboform-like utility.

>The problem with recursive JS functions is that the end user most likely
>ends up with a sluggish feeling browser.

How is recursion any less performant or more sluggish than repeatedly calling a function within a
loop (as in your code)?

>Ok, this looks like some dialog window so why don't you pass on the
>window used to open the dialog, because that saves you the above lines.

Actually, it is called from a browser.xul overlay :(

>Why this difficult?  I mean, all frames end up in content.frames so why
>don't you use that instead?

Because I didn't know about content.frames :)

>I hate code duplication so I would use something like this:

Is the SpiderMonkey compiler capable of function inlining? If not, I would suggest that code
duplication might actually lead to faster code in many cases (ignoring the fact that the one-time
compile may take longer as code size increases).

Thank you,
Eric