[Project_owners] HTTP Auth's opening URL

Eric Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 13:33:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

OK, in FF I did the following:

onOpenWindow: function(aXULWindow) {
  var docShell = aXULWindow.docShell;
  var requestor = docShell
    .QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor);
  var chromeWindow = requestor
    .getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindow);
  var url = chromeWindow.document.location;
  dump("url=" + url + "\n");
}

chrome.document is an HTMLDocument instance, so I thought just output
chromeWindow.document.location or
chromeWindow.document.location.href.

chromeWindow.document.location is "about:blank" no matter how I open
the URL which requires HTTP Auth (from bookmark, from ALT-Enter, from
blank tab, etc.)