[Project_owners] Re: Overriding a property/getter/setter

Michael Vincent mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 20:24:39 EDT 2005

Philip Chee wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:21:31 +0200, Michael Vincent wrote:
>
>> Something like this:
>
> Thanks! Next stupid question. How do I apply my binding? I presume that I'll
> need a css file with a -moz-binding and then apply that css file via
> contents.rdf?

Yes, something like:

multibar {
   -moz-binding: url("chrome://[chromename/path]/multibar.xml#multibar")
!important;
}

> Phil
>
> p.s. after digging through the netscape 8 toolkit.jar (and comparing it with
> the firefox version) for a couple of days wondering why flashblock works
> perfectly in Mozilla, Seamonkey and Firefox, but misbehaves in Netscape 8, I
> have come to the conclusion that there are people who given sufficient
> incentive can take lean, mean, lightning fast Firefox code and turn it into
> bloated, kludgy, slow, and not to mention buggy, Netscape 8 code.

Ever looked at Mozilla Firefox? There are still plenty of bugs in
Mozilla Firefox itself, and they will all end up in Netscape as well.

The review process sucks, as some developers simply duplicate methods,
and the code isn't always what it is supposed to be. I even recently
prevented a patch to go in with a bug, but they didn't even mentioned it
so thanks but no thanks to these suckers!