[Project_owners] Overriding a property/getter/setter

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:11:41 EDT 2005

Hi!

Let's say that there is a XUL element <multibar> that has a whole bunch of
methods and properties defined in multibar.xml in the application
toolkit.jar/content/global/bindings/

I'd like to replace or override the setter of one particular property of
<foobar>. How do I overlay such that my binding is the one invoked instead
of the one defined in the toolkit.jar. Since my getter is a slightly
modified version of the original I don't want both the original and my
version firing. I've tried to read through the XBL docs on the inheritance
chain and precedence and my head is spinning.

Phil
-==-
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]Who the Dickens wrote "Oliver Twist", anyway?
* TagZilla 0.059