[Project_owners] Problems with TreeView and objects

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 17:28:03 EDT 2005

I'm having problems with XPathHelper.

Basically, I've decided to show selection by "hooking" the TreeView used
by the DOM Inspector. I do this by inserting my own object in the
TreeView, which (in most cases) calls the old object. It's in
<http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/xpathhelper/code/chrome/content/xpath/dom.js>
The file containing the original definition is
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/extensions/inspector/resources/content/viewers/dom/dom.js>.

The issue is that when I initially load DOMi, it doesn't show any tree.
When I tell it to explicitly inspect a document, it throws an error:
  Error: this.mDOMView has no properties
  Source File: chrome://inspector/content/viewers/dom/dom.js
  Line: 116

The line in question reads:
     this.mDOMView.rootNode = aObject;
in DOMViewer.prototype. set subject(aObject)

The equivelent line in lxr is
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/extensions/inspector/resources/content/viewers/dom/dom.js#114>.

Any ideas?

-- Jamie