[Project_owners] Hooking HTTP Basic Authentication dialog

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Sun Sep 18 02:47:03 EDT 2005

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:19:05 -0700 (PDT), Eric Jung wrote:

> Hi Philip,

Hi Eric,

>> Don't you have a desktop search tool?
> Yes, but I didn't have *all* of the .jars unzipped, apparently.

Er, I don't have *any* unzipped jar files. Any decent search tool should be
able to look into zip and jar (which are basically zip files) files. I use
the built in search tool in the Total Commander shell. I can't remember when
I last used the standard Windows Explorer shell.

>> Doesn't lxr work for you?

> I only recently learned about lxr. I'm never quite sure which

Lovely tool. Finds me a lot of code that I can steal and reuse.

> "branch" to search. Which is the one for Firefox? Anyway, I did a
> search and found commonDialog.xul/commonDialog.js based on Michael's
> tip, but since it was in the aviary and seamonkey branches, I thought
> this meant it was only part of Mozilla. I have a really hard time
> understanding how the nicknames/codenames map to real products (like
> Firefox 1.x, Mozilla 1.7, Mozilla 1.8, Netscape 6, 7, 8,

(toolkit apps)
Aviary: Firefox (aka Firebird aka Phoenix) + Thunderbird + Sunbird

(xpfe apps)
Mozilla 1.7 (1.7x branch latest)
Mozilla 1.8 (1.8x branch - DOA)
Mozilla trunk (DOA)
SeaMonkey All (supposed to be SeaMonkey trunk but seems to also include
Aviary trunk).

There doesn't seem to be a SeaMonkey 1.0 branch.

Mail/News - bits common to both Thunderbird and SeaMonkey/Mozilla

Netscape/AOL does not make their CVS available to the public. Phooey.

> Thunderbbird, etc). Ultimately, I did find it in toolkit.jar. Thanks
> for the pointers.

I don't know how anybody can do extension development without access to LXR
and Bugzilla? It's like trying to code with both hands tied behind your back
:-).

Cheers.

Phil
-==-
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
* TagZilla 0.059