[Project_owners] Hooking HTTP Basic Authentication dialog

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 15:22:23 EDT 2005

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:19:37 -0700 (PDT), Eric Jung wrote:

> observe : function(domWindow, topic, data) {
>   if (topic == "domwindowopened") {
>     domWindow =
>       domWindow.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindow);
>       var user = domWindow.document.getElementById("loginTextbox");
>       var pw = domWindow.document.getElementById("password1Textbox");
>       dump(user + "\n");
>       dump(pw + "\n");
>     }
>   },

Shouldn't that be dump(user.value) and dump(pw.value)?

> This dumps null and null to the console.... :(
> FWIW, I can't find commonDialog.xul/commonDialog.js in FF (but maybe
> I missed it?), just Mozilla.

Doing a local search on my hard drive pulls up:
"c:\Program_Files\Mozilla.Org\Firefox106\chrome\toolkit.jar\content\global\commonDialog.js"

"c:\Program_Files\Mozilla.Org\Firefox106\chrome\toolkit.jar\content\global\commonDialog.xul"

Don't you have a desktop search tool?

lxr: aviary101branch:
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/aviary101branch/find?string=commondialog>
lxr: whole CVS:
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/find?string=commondialog>

Doesn't lxr work for you?

Phil
-==-
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]Bad Command or Filename.  Or maybe you screwed up.
* TagZilla 0.059