[Project_owners] Extension enable/disable events

Michael Vincent mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 15:29:47 EDT 2005

Jerry Liu wrote:
> Is it possible, from Javascript, to subscribe to an event notifying the
> extension that a user has either enabled or disabled the extension?  If so,
> can someone post a reference to docs on how to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Have you looked at the EM's context menu code? I mean, that has some
code to enable/disable the 'Enable/Disable' extension menu items so you
might want to look at it.

Mozilla/SeaMonkey set a chrome property (disabled="true") but I'm not
sure (I didn't check) if Mozilla Firefox does the same but using an
observer should work there.

Michael