[Project_owners] Programming guidelines for extensions and add-ons

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Sun Sep 11 00:11:42 EDT 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:07:09 +0200, Karsten Düsterloh wrote:
> Matthew Wilson aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:

> I said "try" for a reason: I don't like all of Mozilla guidelines and so
> choose to ignore them in my extension (eg. pairy { and } belong into the
> same column :-P )...
> And I have a small set of variable identifier prefixes that are shunned
> for Mozilla code nonetheless. ;-)

Several people have worked/are working on the flashblock project, each with
his own distinct style of writing code, so the codebase is a mismash of
programming styles. I could try cleaning it up, but I suspect that I will be
stepping on a lot of people's feet in the process.

>>> And it's possibly a good idea to have identifier names and comments in
>>> English... ;-)

I agree.

> When writing code, I try to be as clear as possible about what's going
> on, without getting lost in documentation hell (I'm a programmer, not a
> writer ;-) ); this includes 'talking' identifier names and comments.
> But I'm really lost on Japanese comments and I don't think that

そうですね! 日本語は本当に難しいです!

> |var sMeineSuperDuperWichtigeVariablenBeschreibung;| would help anyone
> outside the German language 'circle'.

[ ]I'm an analog man in a digital world.
* TagZilla 0.059