[Project_owners] Re: How to install a sidebar in Mozilla?

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 22:31:26 EDT 2005

On 09/09/2005 15:40, Michael Vincent wrote:

> I need to install a sidebar, but not from a web page but inside my
> add-on for SeaMonkey, and I never did something like this, so how does
> this work?

See my reply in subject thread
"Re: [Project_owners] Installing a searchplugin (Firefox 1.0.x)"

Basically you (general case) Steal the code from:
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/find?string=nssidebar.js>
but remove the URI security check.

Or specifically hardcode it to your sidebar content:
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/extensions/inspector/resources/content/prefs/pref-sidebar.js#79>

Phil
-==-
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]If At First You Don't Succeed Ignore The Docs
* TagZilla 0.059