[Project_owners] Installing a searchplugin (Firefox 1.0.x)

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Thu Sep 8 12:28:25 EDT 2005

I'm installing a searchplugin with my extension. In 1.5 builds, you just
slot it into searchplugins/ in the XPI, and Firefox automagically looks
after the rest.

In 1.0.x builds, plugins are not picked up in extensions.

So my current way around this is on first startup to move the files to
the app searchplugins/ folder. The problem with this is that it requires
another restart for the plugin to appear.

Does anyone know a solution for the plugin to appear on first startup of
Firefox after your extension is installed?

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community