[Project_owners] Re: A Thank You

Michael Vincent mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 18:03:50 EDT 2005

Philip Chee wrote:
> On public.mozdev.project_owners, Philip Chee wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:01:27 +0200, Michael Vincent wrote:
>
>>> Actually, we're already in process of adding new features, just grab the
>>> latest nightly from
>>> http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/multizilla/downloads/multiviews-nightly.jar
>
>> Mozdev have blocked CVSWeb access to the downloads directory for bandwidth
>> reasons. You need to point people to the downloads.mozdev.org mirror site:
>
>> <http://downloads.mozdev.org/multizilla/>
>> <http://downloads.mozdev.org/multizilla/multiviews-nightly.jar>

Huh? Will that JAR file be available on mirrors? I most certainly hope
not! This experimental nightly might crash and turn your CPU into dust LOL

> Interesting. Mozdev blocks .XPI files but not .JAR files.
> It's still polite to point people to the mirrors and not soak up Mozdev's
> own bandwidth.

First of all, there are only a few devoted testers that use this file,
because that is an alpha version of MultiZilla for a selected group only.

Secondly, I'm never told, by anyone, to point people to mirrors. Also,
these testers might need that file immediate, not after like a zillion
hours of waiting. We simply can't expect people to wait that long, and I
need their input right after they copied it onto their system.

On a site note; binary patching seems to work for Mozilla Firefox, so
why not use it for (very) large extensions?

Michael