[Project_owners] Profiling an extension

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:45:29 EDT 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:51:09 -0700 (PDT), Eric Jung wrote:

> Is there any way to determine -- even roughly -- how much memory and
> CPU usage my extension is consuming at various points in time? I'm
> more interested in memory consuption, however.

Have you tried typing "about:bloat" in the url bar?
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xpcom/MemoryTools.html#BloatView>

I think ou will need a development build with debugging turned on.
A normal release of Mozilla/Seamonkey/Firefox seems to have all these
features turned off.

Of course a firefox debug build is about 480MB so I don't think I'll be
trying this our anytime soon.

Phil
-==-
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]Relativism stinks- you can't call anyone a moron!
* TagZilla 0.059