[Project_owners] how to get current value of a field entered by user?

Eric Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 19:16:23 EDT 2005

Hi,
I think I asked this or a similar question before, and Neil answered
it. I couldn't find the answer in the archives, though.

I'm watching clicks on a page like this:

passwordMaker.appcontent.addEventListener("click", this.click, true);
function click(evt) {
  dump("type=" + target.attributes["type"].value + "\n");
  dump("name=" + target.attributes["name"].value + "\n");
  dump("value=" + target.attributes["value"].value + "\n");
}

I'm trying to get the current value (i.e., whatever a user typed
AFTER the page loaded) for inputboxes, textareas, and checkboxes, but
I can't find the right code combination to do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Eric