[Project_owners] How to uninstall extension in Mozilla/SeaMonkey?

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Fri Sep 2 13:29:17 EDT 2005

Eric Jung wrote:

>Hi Jim,
>Thanks for the reply. I don't see my extension referenced in
>installed-chrome.txt. This is a profile-installation; not browser
>installation. Would that matter? I do, however, see the extension
>referenced in chrome.rdf. If I remove all references to it and
>restart Mozilla, Mozilla just hangs at the splash screen.
>
>Any other ideas?

You might just find that installed-chrome.txt (or chrome.rdf - I can't
remember which now) in the ~user/.mozilla profile directory if it was
installed as a profile installation. Anyway don't edit
mozilla/chrome/chrome.rdf, delete it. Same goes for
mozilla/chrome/overlayinfo directory. These get rebuilt by mozilla if
they are both missing.

Jim