[Project_owners] How to uninstall extension in Mozilla/SeaMonkey?

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 02:20:28 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:10:01 -0700 (PDT), Eric Jung wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I don't see my extension referenced in
> installed-chrome.txt. This is a profile-installation; not browser
> installation. Would that matter? I do, however, see the extension
> referenced in chrome.rdf. If I remove all references to it and
> restart Mozilla, Mozilla just hangs at the splash screen.

You need to (Moz 1.7) delete or edit the following files:
chrome\overlayinfo\<blah>\content\overlays.rdf
chrome\overlayinfo\<blah>\skin\stylesheets.rdf

In SeaMonkey (1.8) all these files seem to have been consolidated into three
files in the chrome directory:

chrome.rdf, overlays.rdf, and stylesheets.rdf.

Phil
-==-
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]Proceed with Caution - Twisted Mind Under Construction!
* TagZilla 0.059