[Project_owners] ctrl-space auto-insert extension - be a guinea pig

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Thu Sep 1 13:25:22 EDT 2005

Michael Johnston wrote:
> autocomplete:
> that's a fairly good idea, but i'm not sure how i would do this, the
> idea being that it works on any text box (even the address bar).

It is possible (at least in the current Thunderbird version) to have
more that 1 AutoCompleteSession attached to an autocomplete textbox. If
you detected that the textbox was already autocomplete then you could
add another session to it with your own data.

Also, I'm not sure how the auto-form-fill wotsit works in FF, I guess it
probably does something like I'm suggesting so maybe a peek at that code
might be helpful.

> and then there is thunderbird, where the main component is an editor component.

Not sure I understand what you mean here.