[Project_owners] Popup Messages

Michael Johnston special.michael at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:07:39 EDT 2005

hmm, looking at gmail notifier i see this,
  try {
      var alertService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/alerts-service;1"]

.getService(Components.interfaces.nsIAlertsService);
      if (alertService) {
        alertService.showAlertNotification("chrome://gm-notifier/content/gm-logo.png",
          this.getString("NotificationMsgTitle"), msg, true, "", this);
        this.logItem("  alertsService success.");
      } else {
        this.logItem("  alertsService failure: could not getService
nsIAlertsService");

seems i was wrong.

i think i'm out of my depth here though.

mike