[Project_owners] Problem serving update manifest as "text/xml"

Alex Eng aeng at intergate.ca
Fri Oct 28 22:12:45 EDT 2005

I want to place my update manifest file (update.rdf) for my extension
into the "www" project directory, but I'm having troubles getting the
MIME type of the file set to "text/xml" instead of the default
"application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml" on Mozdev.

I tried setting "$local_conf_mime_types" in the local.conf file to ON,
but that did not work.  Neither did putting a PHP header at the top of
update.rdf; that generated an XML parsing error when trying to view the
RDF file in the browser.

Any ideas on how to solve this?  Thanks.