[Project_owners] Iframe Content to Text

Nathaniel Jayme nbjayme at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 17:46:04 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am able to get the text of an iframe with html
content using:

iframefoo.contentDocument.body.innerHTML

But I have a hard time with XML content.  I have used
XMLSerializer without success using:

  var Serialize = new XMLSerializer()
  var txtXML =
Serialize.serializeToString(iframefoo.contetDocument.documentElement)
;

Javascript console spewd:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Access to
restricted URI denied"  code: "1012" nsresult:
"0x805303f4 (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)" ...

XMLSerializer works for objects not within an Iframe.

I just want to get the content of an IFrame HTML or
XML   as text.

Thanks in advance.

NBJayme :)