[Project_owners] Overlaying JS

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:00:31 EDT 2005

Let's say there is a function in SeaMonkey's navigator.js called
doSomething() which is called from several places in navigator.xul. I'd like
to replace it with my own function doSomethingBetter(). What's the best way
to do this given that doSomething() is called from a <command> element as
well as from several oncommand handlers; and may be called by other extensions.

Background: I'm thinking of backporting some of the additional functionality
in the aviary (firefox) version of doSomething() to Mozilla 1.7x as well as
the current SeaMonkey via an extension.

Phil
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]If it walks, quacks, and looks like a duck...COOK IT!!
* TagZilla 0.059