[Project_owners] browser progress listener not attaching on new tab

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 01:54:28 EDT 2005

Brian King wrote:

> I've added a load event listener to the browser (Firefox, a function
> overlaying browser.xul). This listener fires a function which then
> adds a progress listener to the browser content ("content").
>
> The progress listener works fine, *except* when a new tab loads where
> it appears to not be attached. A reload in the new tab sets it off again.
>
> Has anyone seen something similar, and found the 'correct' solution.
> The workaround I have at the moment is to add the progress listener
> explicitely via the onLocationChange (which is called on a new tab) of
> the previous tab. But this seems like a hack.

Do you autohide the tab bar? This might cause an issue with switching
into tabbed mode. In SeaMonkey I gave up trying to work around it and
forced tabbed mode on even when the tab bar is hidden. Or maybe I
misunderstood, and you're adding the progress listener to the wrong
element, or expecting progress when there isn't any, or something.