[Project_owners] Re: Seamonkey "browser" overlay ?

Eric T. cougio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 03:10:21 EDT 2005

I can't believe I haven't noticed this yet, if I change a file and
open a new window the new window gets the new code there's no need the
reload chrome! I have the say this surprises me a lot.

So I'm guessing the solution would be to assign to the hidden window
as mentioned recently ?

Basically all I would keep in the window object is a few function
overrides and command/event handlers, and move a collection of
function for use by user defined commands, the said commands, a
function "class" definition to be instantiated by the event handlers,
and a singleton that provides access prefs, bundles etc. to a common
heaven and can hopefully be shared with mail client etc. also,
eventually.

Am I thinking wrong, this doesn't seem to be the pattern followed by
current code... Should I just let it all be reinterpreted every time ?
Except for user code as it wouldn't make sense for large libraries. I
guess I'd have the read them from disk every time they are needed ?

Any good introduction to how the loading process works ?